Tuesday 21 January 2014

Glamour Puss

I have always been fascinated with glamour photography and I'll even admit I've had one done myself.... 
(don't judge, I got a free voucher somewhere and thought why not?)

Anyway, Marie and I found a salon to have a pedicure in today and one of it's many services was glamour photography.  There were two Japanese ladies there having their hair and make up done and were being tizzed up with jewels and sequinned fabric and tulle wrapped around their shoulders.  Apparently the photos are only taken from the bust up, so you don't need a whole outfit.  Even their hair dos weren't complete as they headed towards the 'studio' (which was just behind a curtain) with large coloured butterfly clips holding their hair back in place.

This is a sample from the salon's website.  I love the before and after shots, the before shots all look so miserable.


As did the woman being tizzed.  They didn't smile or laugh once.  Marie and I were saying to each other that if we were getting it done we'd be in fits of laughter, but these ladies were very matte of fact.  Almost as if it was a weekly event that they just had to live through.

It was difficult to concentrate on what was going on around my own feet as we were mesmerised by the goings on of the two ladies.  They were up and down and in and out from behind the curtain, hair tizzed then washed and blow dried in a different style, then sequins, then normal clothes..... it was a parade all of it's own!


The lady doing my feet was Vietnamese, but had been living in Hawaii since she was 5 years old, so her English was perfect and she kindly translated for the lady doing Marie's feet, who didn't have any English at all.  

Anyway, my lady was very talented and painted a pretty Hawaiian scene on my big toes. 

And in thongs, this is about as glamour as I get!


No comments:

Post a Comment